On eBay Now...
Post Revolutionary War LOYALISTS to Jamaica & Gov. John Hancock 1785 Newspaper For Sale
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Post Revolutionary War LOYALISTS to Jamaica & Gov. John Hancock 1785 Newspaper:
Post Revolutionary War LOYALISTS to Jamaica & Gov. John Hancock 1785 Newspaper Offered is an original, collectible newspaper (NOT a copy/reproduction): THE CONTINENTAL JOURNAL & WEEKLY ADVERTISER, Boston, Feb. 3, 1785 * Post Revolutionary War America
* Loyalists heading for Jamaica
* Mass. Governor John HancockThe entire front page is taken up with the continued: "History of America, by William Robertson".Page 3 has a report concerning disputes over the British post at Niagara and use of the Mississippi River. Also a report beginning: "A great number of American Loyalists have arrived in the different ports of this island since the abdication of New York...they agreed to purchase a tract of country in Jamaica..." with more.Also a document by Governor John Hancock which is signed by him in type: John Hancock.Four pages, small wear hole in the top quadrant affects little, nice condition. Please Note: All of our offerings are 100% authentic! We do not offer reprints or reproductions of any kind. They are guaranteed to be original!
Links to Archival Storage Options & Certificates of Authenticity Are Below! Historical reports may be beautifulor ugly, but they are always informative. While we rejoice in the beautiful (heroic, discovery, amazing feats, etc.), we at History's Newsstand also offer "the ugly" for we are determined to learn from the wrongs of the past - understanding, to do so, we must be willing to look these wrongs directly in the face and shout "NO MORE!". It is for this reason many Black Americans collect historic slave ads, Jews collect reports regarding the Holocaust, women collect coverage of the Women's Suffrage Movement, etc.. If you find any to be offensive, we agree! Hopefully this is an indication we are moving in the right direction.
Domestic Shipping Policy...
Combined Shipping Notice
- For this specific item, AU.S.winner pays $10.00 S&H.If multiple items are purchased and paid for simultaneously, the S&H will be calculated by usingthe highest item's S&H as the base cost, and then adding a small amount for each additional newspaper. The per-item additional cost for newspapers, folders, portfolios, and presentation cases vary according to size and weight.
- All U.S. orders include in-house insurance at no additional cost to the buyer and include delivery confirmation.
- All orders include tracking & delivery confirmation.
- Orders ship within 24 business hours of receiving payment.
- Some small items may be shipped 1st Class. We will still provide tracking and insure them at our expense.
If the automated checkout process does not properly combine shipping, we will refund overages automatically. If you prefer, contact us prior to payment to obtain a revised invoice. International Shipping Policy...
If You Are Unhappy With Your Order
- If the S&H to your location is not given, international buyers/winners should contact us for an invoicewhich includes S&H.
- Import duties, taxes, VAT. etc. are not included in our quoted S&H. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility.
- Note: We will not falsify customs declarations or mark an item as a "gift" in order to avoid customs fees.
- If insurance is desired, be in touch for a quote. All insured orders are subject to customs, duties, & taxesfor the amount insuredand are the buyer's responsibility.
- International purchasers are encouraged to take advantage of our combined shipping policyto lower the cost per item S&H. If you wish to take advantage of combined shipping, please do not pay for any until you are finished - and then contact us for a combined invoice.
We make every effort to provide the best possible buying experience. If we fall short of your expectations in any way,please contact usso we can try to make things right for you. Archival Storage... ...is available for an additional $11.25, plus an appropriate adjustment to S&H (see above Shipping Policy). If desired, purchase this directly (through ) at: archival storage folder. Again, to insure you will receive the appropriately sized folder for your item, please select the $11.25 folder option. Certificate of Authenticity... A certificate of authenticity is also available for an additional $3.00, which includes both the issue date and title, and certifies, by Timothy Hughes Rare & Early Newspapers, the issue to be authentic & original. If desired, purchase this directly (through ) at: certificate of authenticity. About Us... Contact Information...
We have been both collectors and dealers in rare newspapers since 1975, serve as consultants to multiple museums, and are members of both the Ephemera Society of America and the American Antiquarian Society.offer & Buy with confidenceknowing every item we offer is guaranteed to be authentic.
Timothy Hughes Rare Newspapers
P.O. Box 3636
Williamsport, PA 17701-8636
Hours: M-F, 7:30-4:00 EST
View our additional offerings
"...desiring to conduct ourselves honorably in all things." Hebrews 13:18
In an effort to honor 's policies and our loyal customers who watch our listings, "Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter." Thomas Jefferson
we do not end sale items early. We hope you understand!
ORIGINAL PRE- AND POST-REVOLUTIONARY WAR DOCUMENTS-LANCASTER PA AREA-1758-1826
WAR OF 1812, POST REVOLUTIONARY WAR AMERICAN OFFICER EAGLE HEAD SWORD 1796-1810
REVOLUTIONARY WAR Era Original Enemy London Evening Post England 1777 Newspaper
POST REVOLUTIONARY WAR, WAR OF 1812 BUELL & GREENLEAF 2ND CONTRACT SWORD 1799
POST REVOLUTIONARY WAR / PRE CIVIL WAR DIPLOMATIC / OFFICER'S ALBERT# OD-1 RARE
Important 1782 Post Revolutionary War Letter Signed C J Fox Kings Appointments
Post Revolutionary War LOYALISTS to Jamaica & Gov. John Hancock 1785 Newspaper
Lot of 8 18TH CENTURY Post Revolutionary War London Edinburgh 1786-93 Newspapers