On eBay Now...
French Revolutionary Beginning - Storming of the Bastille Prelude 1789 Newspaper For Sale
French Revolutionary Beginning - Storming of the Bastille Prelude 1789 Newspaper:
French Revolutionary Beginning - Storming of the Bastille Prelude 1789 Newspaper (Note: additional images are located below the description) Offered is an original, historic, & collectible old newspaper: THE DIARY, OR WOODFALL'S REGISTER, London, July 18, 1789 * Beginning of the French RevolutionPages 2 and 3 have a lengthy: "Address to the King on the subject of Bringing the Troops to Paris, voted by the National Assembly on the 9th...". This is followed by: "To this Address his Majesty Returned the Following Answer".Keep in mind that the mentioned letter is from 5 days before the storming of the Bastille, essentially the beginning of the French Revolution. But troubling events were happening several days before, hence this exchange of letters between the French National Assembly and King Louis XVI.Four pages, never-trimmed margins, full red tax stamp on the front page, great condition.
Please Note: All of our offerings are 100% authentic! We do not offer reprints or reproductions of any kind. They are guaranteed to be original!
Shipping, Archival Storage Options, Certificates of Authenticity, About Us, and more...
Combined Shipping Notice
- For this specific item, A U.S. winner pays $10.00 S&H. If multiple items are purchased and paid for simultaneously, the S&H will be calculated by using the highest item's S&H as the base cost, and then adding $1 for each additional newspaper. The per-item additional cost for folders, portfolios, and presentation cases vary.
- All U.S. orders include in-house insurance at no additional cost to the buyer.
- All U.S. bound orders include delivery confirmation (if sent by USPS) and/or tracking (if sent by UPS).
- Expedited shipping is available for all orders upon request. Every effort is made to ship all orders within 24 business hours of receiving payment.
- Some small items may be shipped 1st Class. We will still provide tracking and insure them at our expense.
If the automated checkout process does not properly combine shipping, we will refund overages automatically. If you prefer, contact us prior to payment to obtain a revised invoice. International Shipping Policy...
Archival Storage... ...is available for an additional $15.00, plus an appropriate adjustment to S&H (see above Shipping Policy). If desired, purchase this directly (through ) at: archival storage folder. Again, to insure you will receive the appropriately sized folder for your item, please select the $15.00 folder option. Certificate of Authenticity... A certificate of authenticity is also available for an additional $3.00, which includes both the issue date and title, and certifies, by Timothy Hughes Rare & Early Newspapers, the issue to be authentic & original. If desired, purchase this directly (through ) at: certificate of authenticity. About Us... Contact Information...
- Upon purchasing, international winners should contact us for an invoice which includes S&H to their location.
- Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility. Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to offerding/buying. Note: We will not falsify customs declarations or mark an item as "gift" in order to avoid customs fees.
- If insurance is desired, be in touch for a quote. All insured orders are subject to customs, duties, & taxes for the amount insured and are subject to item 2 above.
- Large and/or brittle issues must be shipped flat and are required to be shipped by Priority Mail International (PMI), often at a weight of 3 pounds or more - quite expensive. Please contact us for a pre-purchase/pre-offerding S&H quote if you are concerned about the potential S&H cost.
- International purchasers are encouraged to take advantage of our combined shipping policy to lower the cost per item S&H.
We have been dealers in rare newspapers for over 46 years, serve as consultants to multiple museums, and are members of the American Antiquarian Society. offer with confidence knowing that every item we offer is guaranteed to be authentic.
More Information About Us
Timothy Hughes Rare Newspapers
P.O. Box 3636
Williamsport, PA 17701-8636
Hours: M-F, 7:30-4:00 EST
Click to view our additional offerings
"...desiring to conduct ourselves honorably in all things." Hebrews 13:18
If you would like to have either the Archival Storage Folder ($15.00, plus corresponding adjustment to the final S&H) or the Certificate of Authenticity ($3.00) included with the issue, please purchase these directly through using the links provided. These items are also available through our cross-promoted store offerings. "Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter." Thomas Jefferson
1700s 18th Century Revolutionary Era War French Hanger Officers Sword
1700s 18th Century Revolutionary Era War French Model 1767 Briquet Saber Sword
FRENCH INDIAN WAR AMERICAN REVOLUTIONARY WAR OFFICER SHORT SWORD C 1730
FRENCH INDIAN WAR REVOLUTIONARY WAR SCOTTISH HANGER SWORD C 1700
FRENCH INDIAN WAR AMERICAN REVOLUTIONARY WAR HUNTING SWORD W GREEN LEATHE C 1750
FRENCH INDIAN WAR REVOLUTIONARY WAR AMERICAN MADE SILVER HILT OFFICER SWORD 1745
New Antique Style Revolutionary French Indian Civil War Tin Kidney Canteen
Napoleon Battle of Arcola French Revolutionary War 1796 c100 Y/O Ad Trade Card