On eBay Now...
Antique Original RPPC Photo USS Manley DD-74 after accidental detonation 33 KIA For Sale
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Antique Original RPPC Photo USS Manley DD-74 after accidental detonation 33 KIA:
Celebrating 25 years as a leading seller of historical items on .
If you haven't saved me as a favorite seller yet please consider it !
As with ALL of our listings this is the vintage, real McCoy. This is NOT a copy, NOT a modern day replica. Guaranteed authentic!
USS Manley (DD-74/AG-28/APD-1), a Caldwell-class destroyer, served in the United States Navy. She was the second Navy ship named for Captain John Manley (c.1733–1793).
After fitting out in Boston Navy Yard, Manley sailed in company with Battleship Division Nine on 25 November 1917 to join the convoy escort and patrol forces based at Queenstown, Ireland. On the morning of 19 March 1918, while Manley escorted a convoy, she rolled against the British auxiliary cruiser HMS Montague, which caused the accidental detonation of Manley's depth charges. Her stern was practically destroyed, and 33 enlisted men as well as her executive officer, Lt. Comdr. Richard M. Elliot Jr., were killed in the subsequent explosion. Fragments pierced two 50-gallon drums of gasoline and two tanks containing 100 gallons of alcohol. The leaking fluids caught fire as they ran along the deck and enveloped the ship in flames which were not extinguished until late that night.
Please view all the photos to make an intelligent decision on condition.
Celebrating 25 Years on , 100% response
Thank you for visiting my store and viewing this item , stop by again I list fresh items 365 days a year !! , Mark me as a favorite
PLEASE READ ALL THE BORING DETAILS
Customer Service Policy:
Please note in offerding or buying this listing you are entering into a binding contract. In offerding or buying you are agreeing to all policies stated below Sales Tax applies to all Maryland sales unless you have a valid dealers license.
* Shipping is clearly stated / shown in the listing , by offerding or buying you are agreeing .
* Maryland Sales tax applies to all transactions shipped within the State of Maryland unless a current valid resale certificate is presented.
* The sale or fixed price listing contains only what is described. Do not assume something comes with a used item if it is not stated in the sale / listing verbiage.
* You can count on us to be factual as to the best of our knowledge and have clear accurate photographs.
* Photographs often disclose condition far better than verbiage as many people have different ideas on what terms may mean.
* If an identifying mark, inclusion or defect is visible in the images it is considered "disclosed" to the buyer.
CUSTOMS AND INTERNATIONAL buyer POLICIES
International buyers - you are agreeing to the following when you place a offer with us:
* If you pay with PayPal and the total price including shipping is less than $750.00 US then we can ship USPS to most countries. Please contact us with 'smessage system before you pay for an amended invoice.
* The following applies if you are shipping to or from these countries. CANADA, Australia, Belgium, Denmark, France , Germany, Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Israel, Netherlands New Zealand Spain and Switzerland, Estonia, Finland, , Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Portugal,we will be able to offer you USPS International shipping if you are paying with PayPal and the item and shipping are less than $750.00 US. We may be able to ship 1st Class USPS International if you are shipping to or from the countries listed above.
*NO SHIPPING TO CHINA UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
* If you wish your item sent to a colleague with a US address we are of course willing to do so but the address must be verified with PayPal and .
* We declare all items for the winning offer or purchase price amount.
* I insure through a 3rd party company to offer you insurance on first class mail shipping which saves you money. Insurance claims cannot be filed until it has been 45 business days from the ship date. There is a reason for this - customs and travel times are not predictable in any way. In the event that a claim needs to be filed the appropriate paperwork will be sent to you via email for your part in the process , you must complete your part in order to file the claim , by offerding or buying you are agreeing to this .
* It is common for countries to charge some form of customs duties, taxes, VAT, or brokerage fees on items being shipped from the USA. These costs, along with country-specific importing rules and delays caused by customs, are the buyersresponsibility.
* We do not falsify customs documents to assist you in evading your lawful taxes. We reserve the right to notify as well as State and Federal authorities if we receive such requests.
I strive to earn 5 Stars on all my transactions , If you feel I haven't please contact me before leaving response so that I can personally address your concerns and earn your 5 Star rating !
Thank you very much for visiting my sales I honestly appreciate it . Please add me as a Favorite seller , I list items 52 weeks a year . I list the Antique & Unique , Unusual things & items of distinction .
If you purchase more then one item , I do combine on shipping -- but PLEASE wait for me to invoice you and make the adjustment on your invoice . If you purchase just one item , no need to wait for me , pay anytime .
Dark Rusty Tattered Distressed Tintype c1870 Antique 1/9 Plate Men Photo E724
GIFT Original Antique Historical Brick; 1918 Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Factory
Antique Caramel Slag Glass Lamp Shade Panel Chandelier Tulip Tiffany B&H Era
Antique Photo March 1926 California House Large Veranda Palm Tree Gates Place
Antique Postcard Chinese Japan Mother Children Traditional Dress 1904 May 04
Vntg 10” Original Bowie Knife Sabre Japan 631 Not Sharpened Wood Handle w Sheath
Tattered Boys Holding Arms Tintype c1870 Antique 1/6 Plate Children Photo E722
Ghostly Scratched Cloud Man Tintype c1870 Antique 1/9 Plate Spirit Photo E721